Sunday, January 01, 2006

Synopsis 2005

My first post for 2006

2005-Adieu
  • Concentrated more on Linux and opensource in general
  • Installed additional Hdd in my pc and this is devoted for free os.
  • Remained faithful with at least 1 distro FC3. I think I used this more than any other distro.
  • Lost a little bit of faith in Slack but cannot give up. this was because of the elimination of Gnome from slack 10.2
  • My hdd read somewhat like this as on 31/12/05
    • hda (Win XP,Slack 10.1,10.2, FC3)
    • hdb(Ubuntu and Kanotix and balance is empty)
2006-to be done
  • Try as many distros as possible.
  • Do geeky things like using the old pc lying idle in a very imaginative way
  • LFS and gentoo are 2 projects for me in 2006 should try them
  • OpenSolaris and FreeBSD install them together with linux
  • Concentrate on one programmimg language, be it c,python, lisp anything and continue that for the whole year. Keep in mind that you can only learn 1 topic at a time.
  • Do some open source writing just for the satisfaction it gives and maybe try to get it published in the magazines or on the net
  • Try to think of something innovative taking inspiration from distrowatch
  • Do some ethical hacking at home only.
  • Do some preofessional course (OCA/OCP/CISA/ISA) etc
  • continue blogging even though my blog is ranked above 10lacs in technorati.
  • Do not lose heart and concentrate and focus.
  • Try to contibute to some project/distro anything (although difficult for non programmer like me).
Cheers and Happy New Year

No comments: