Monday, January 30, 2006

Nothing much

Its the end of the 1st month of the new year. Nothing new to write. I was very much busy on my job at office. Implementation was in full swing. Had good exposure on Fixed Assets and FSG reports on Oracle.
Started to write a daily journal in Oo writer on FC3
Configured my ADSL connection on slack 10.2, FC3 (already working and stable) and Ubuntu
Found that Ubuntu was a bit sluggish and was suprised how I was addicted to Slackware console with mc as the file explorer.
Wrote programs in c in emacs,vim, kate on gui and vi on console.
I found vi/vim more popular and also more easier and convenient to learn. Emacs has a steep learning curve.
I have bought "Learning Gnu Emacs" last year.
Searched google for vi vs. emacs links and got some whopping 39000+ links.
Yum is giving some problems and stops in between.
I want to download Oracle 10gexpress database on linux.
Windows XP has started giving errors. Applications like Firefox and Azureus are giving errors when I open them although they run smoothly thereafter.
Win Xp shows the filesystem as RAW and I cannot run chkdsk on RAW filesystem.
Could not get any plausible solution to this problem.
I need to format my C drive and reinstall Win XP and also Office 2000.
Do not have much time as lot of household work needs to be done as my brother is getting married in March 06.
I think I will take up this project of writing a journal/diary as I wish for 2006.
Another project is appearing for OCA and OCP examinations in 2006.

No comments: