Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Up and running pc's

I have 2 pc's new and old. Managed to load something on the old pc.
Combo drive installed and finally installed FC3.
It was superb. I was surprised when it asked me to test sound and literally some music came out from the speakers. I have never seen this any of the Linux distros I have used.
Am working hard in office trying to complete the complicated work in a better and faster way.
It is month end time and also year end time.
Worked on Sunday also i.e 27/3/05
Last week when I was working in the office past 8pm and listening to songs while working I heard one of my all time fav ghazal by Jagjit Singh "tera chehra kitna suhana.........".
Memories flooded my mind when I use to listen to the same song out of my limited collection of mp3's way back in 2000(when I was a bachelor :)
Guess what I use to hear this in Linux playing it in mpg123. I was a total newbie then and the linux intoxication had caught me. I was using a small linux distro(floppy based) called mulinux due to PC constraints.
News!!!!!!!!!
Slackware removes GNOME?????????
Gentoo 2005 released
Ubuntu and userlinux to combine

I had a P100 with 16mb RAM and 4.3G HDD.

No comments: