Sunday, October 16, 2005

XP up and running again

The problem i faced as mentioned in my earlier post did not need any research although I went about searching google and got loads of info.
It was just simple. I had tried the PC-BSD cd which I got with a magazine
It changed the partition type of /dev/hda1 (where windows is installed) to freebsd type. I logged into slack 10.1 and ran cfdisk which showd me this problem.
This is the reason Win XP was not able to read from the partition and gave an error.
I immediately changed it back to FAT32 wrote it to the disk and XP booted normally.
I am writing this from Ubuntu Hoary in mozilla firefox.
My plan is instead of downloading the Breezy iso from Win Xp I would like to do it from Hoary after doing all configs installing azureus etc..............
This will also be a good exposure to linux

No comments: